Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New fabric journal page

After looking at some fabric journals on line I decided to try being a little neater with my pages and put a little more work into the surface of the page. I started with my normal dryer sheet background and added a small segment of a light blue fine print fabric. Then I cut out a small circle for the sun face. I did a very fine buttonhole stitch all the way around the circle with varrigated thread, then i stitched it down to the middle of the blue fabric. Using a micron pen I drew on the face, then I used Tulip fabric pens to color the face in, peach around the edges of the suns face, pink for the lips and cheeks, blue dots for eyes with smaller black dots in the center. When I had the face colored I went back with brown pen and outlined the eyebrows and nose area again to make it more distinct. I drew on the suns rays with the micron pen then I filled them in with metallic gold Tulip soft paint. When they were dry I took the same varrigated thread and made lots of tiny french knots around the rays of the sun. Then I gave the sun some solar flares with chain stitch. I stitched some beads in a light irridescent gold over the buttonhole stitch edge of the suns face. Last I stitched a square of darker blue/green fabric over the lower section of the page, it has gold leaves printed all over it. Im not sure if I will add more to the lower section of the page yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment