Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bridgid and the new fire

This page has quite a bit to it. First I spray dyed the background in yellow and bright green. When the dye was dry I added some overpainting from water in which I had washed gold metallic from the paint brush. Doing this with just the brush washing water, well stirred, left a very delicate gold wash on top of the green and yellow background. I did two or three layers of the gold wash and let it dry well between layers. I stitched a bit of batik fabric to one end of the stabilizer layer then stitched the painted background fabric over the rest of the page. I sketched on Brigid with a micron pen, then i overpainted all the flesh areas with white Tulip soft paint. When that was dry I added the peach fabric pen coloring and some pink for her cheeks and lips. Then I redid the facial features with a brown fabric pen and outlined her hands and arms as well. I used the brown pen to color in her eyes and the black micron pen for her pupils and a tiny drop of white soft paint for the reflection in her eyes. I used a pearl blue paint for her head dress and gown. I added a little white paint for highlights on her clothing while the blue was still wet. When the blue was dry I added sketched lines of darker blue for the folds in the fabric. I used black fabric pen on the little cauldron and red and orange soft paint on the flames. If you would like to read about the story of the celebration check out  The Starwitch Chronicles here on blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment