Sunday, May 13, 2012

the flip side of the moon and sun is Bebo the owl

On the back of the sun and moon page I did an owl on a leaf print batik fabric I got at Joanns on friday. I found a bit of a dull yellow/tan fabric to cut the owl out of, and a tiny pinch of lemon yellow for his nose. I apliqued those pieces on then added the eyes which are a twisted metal spacer bead a large tan seed bead and a tiny brown seed bead. I used the fabric pens to draw in his feathers and wings in brown. I also drew in a branch and some toes under him but the branch didnt really show so I used rows  of chain stitch in varrigated thread. Then I sewed 8 fairly large glass leaf pendants which are a pinkish beige color, around his head. They are only attatched at one point each so they swing freely. He is named Bebo for the owl familiar that Athena had.

No comments:

Post a Comment