Thursday, May 3, 2012

Crystals for my fabric journal

Today I added a page celebrating the element earth to my fabric journal. First i used spray on dye on the plain muslin background. I drizzled a little water over the spray in some areas to add effect and let it dry, then I used the white tulip paint and an angled brush to directly paint on several crystal points. When the first layer of white paint was dry, i added a little more hit and miss to give the appearance that there were veils and clear areas in the crystals where the background would show through. When the second white layer was dry I added a layer of Lumiere paint in Halo violet/gold for some purple crystals. When the purple paint was dry, i added dark purple pen outlines and striations to the sides of the crystals and light blue to the white crystals. Then in purple pen i wrote The element of earth . I like the way it turned out, now i just need to sew it to the Ostara page I painted yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment